Thursday, July 29, 2010

Horseback riding, nightlife

So I could never be having this much fun at home. I never go out back in the States, and even if I wanted to, there's no one to go with me, no place to go, and everywhere costs triple what it does here.
Earlier today we went horseback riding up at Saqsayhuaman. It only cost 25 soles, and it was a great day. I forgot how much I missed horseback riding. I went with a different group, separating from my roommate for the first time in a while, but I still had a lot of fun. We also had lunch at the Inka Grill where I tried alpaca for the first time. It was absolutely delicious. I think I ended up sharing a taste with everyone at the table (like 10 people), because everyone was so curious.
I just got back from a night out. We tried karaoke, but they wanted to charge us a ridiculous fee just to participate, so we took off. Later we split into two groups, and I stuck with the people at the hookah bar, where we gradually got more and more drunk, and eventually shared a mint hookah. Then over to join up with the other group at another bar, where the band was playing nothing but classic American rock. The Doors, The Beatles, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, even Pink Floyd towards the end there. It was a fun time, and we all danced and sang at the top of our lungs.
I guess I should mention that today is the second day of the Independence day festival, and thus, a day off for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment