Sunday, July 18, 2010

Molino

So today was the first day that I've been here (not counting arrival day) that ISA hasn't had a single thing scheduled for us. So, I woke up around 9am, ate a leisurely breakfast, and me and my roommate headed to the panaderia down the street. I enjoyed a mocha for 7 soles and read my book for a couple hours before we decided to head to the main event of the day: El Molino.
Molino is basically a huge open air shopping mall. There are hundreds of stalls, most of them selling bootleg DVDs and CDs, shoes, and clothes. While we were there, we stopped at a Cebicheria just outside the main area, and tried ceviche for the first time. While the word "sketchy" immediately comes to mind when trying to describe the area, our host mom said it was a good place to eat and I haven't gotten sick yet, so I figure it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment