Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Real McCoy

So for a while tonight I completely forgot I was in Peru. School was the same, stayed at Tinku messing around on the computer and enjoying my half of the crepes until around four. Then we all went to run some errands, post office etc. We had to cross a picket line to get in, (which for the record, I was totally against) and then we wandered about some more, before ending up at The Real McCoy early.
The Real McCoy is this British pub we heard about from the Summer 1 students yesterday. On Wednesdays they hold trivia night which is just what it sounds like. Their slogan is something like "a little slice of home", which it was. Everyone there spoke English, and they had magazines, books, and newspapers in English too. Everything was very comfy feeling and it really did feel like home. About fifteen of us ended up there for the trivia game, eating dinner, getting drinks, and just generally enjoying ourselves. It did not fit in with my budget, although I suppose it was more than reasonable if I translate it to American dollars. Must say it was worth it though.
Oh, and our professor at Tinku showed up for drinks and trivia, and brought his dog along! Definitely a character.
And tomorrow is SALSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment