Monday, July 5, 2010

Cats in the park

Today was insanely busy. We got to go to Huaca Pucllana (pictures to come), which I had wanted to go to since before we came here. We saw where they ate sharks as part of a ritual, and where they made human sacrifices. They even had a section showcasing the native plants and animals, including llamas, alpacas, and guinea pigs, all of which were completely adorable. And all of which are considered delicacies. The whole tour was in Spanish, but I understood pretty well, and that was encouraging for me.
We also took a walk in the park, where there were like, bajillions of stray cats for no apparent reason. There were even signs saying not to leave your cats in the park.
I ate at a Chinese restaurant, and we had ice cream on the pier. Me and some friends went to see Toy Story 3 in Spanish, but I have to admit that I don't know how much I got from the language and how much I got from the visual cues.
Dinner was delicious, and I got to try the Pisco sour, which was very strong. There was a fabulous dinner show, with dancing and beautiful costumes and crazy masks (pictures also to come). I considered going to the club with some of the others, but I was so exhausted it seemed better just to get in my PJs and relax.
Oh, and we're up to 5 dogs in sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment