Last Monday we went to trivia night, which we freaking WON, and all enjoyed a free bottle of wine. Tuesday we went out I think, or maybe that was Wednesday or Thursday. Regardless, one of the nights we went out and I expressed my love first for mojitos, and then for American classic rock at one of the local bars. Thursday was the day we went to the Inka Grill, and I tried alpaca medallions. They were delicious, smoky and flavorful and tender. After that we went horseback riding, which was way fun, if uneventful. Friday was the food festival, where I tried cuy, which is disgusting, and Saturday was rafting day. That was pretty insane. Our boat nearly flipped, and we had to rescue people from the water. Another boat did flip, and we had to save them too. Then was Saturday, when through a misunderstanding we ended up at the last five minutes of the soccer game. To lift our spirits, we decided to head out to Tipon, to a zoo we'd heard about there.
None of the taxi drivers even knew where it was really, and it took us a while to find one who did, and who was willing to drive us out for less than thirty soles. When we got to the area, he kept having to ask for directions, but we finally made it. There were five of us piled into the little hatch back, so we were relieved to get out. The first thing we saw was a sloth just chillin in this tree, no cage or anything. He was really, really adorable. Oso perezoso, as they're called in Spanish. There were some cute monkeys, one of which escaped, and some coatis, one of which also escaped. And then the pumas, who were somewhat terrifying, since you could get really close to the cage and one almost got a little girl with its paw.
Yesterday, Monday, was completely uneventful, as was today, except for a lot of bitching about class work and how little time we have left. This weekend is our last excursion, to Puno, for which we will be arriving at our destination at 4am, not one, but two mornings of the weekend. I'm a bit pissed about that, since I paid for a decent trip, not a cut-rate, sleepless nightmare, but it still could turn out okay. I guess we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment